Breyer has done some beautiful Halloween horses, but I do not have any of them. Except this one.
Cryptic - the Big Ben mold made to look like a concrete graveyard statue. And, he glows in the dark!
Decorating for Halloween is, to me, the kick-off of the holiday season - from now until post New Year's Day there will be holiday decorations of some sort displayed around my home.
Putting Cryptic out on my antique player piano alone is the first thing I do as I begin pulling out the tubs of holiday decorations. As I go through them, I usually add a few small things, but I want Cryptic to remain the focal point.
Breyer began making Halloween horses in 2001, but only one of them looks like it was poured concrete. He is delightfully unique as a result. One of my favorite pieces in my collection, he has the added honor of being the very first decoration set out each year as the holidays approach.

No comments:
Post a Comment