Friday we visited the Linden Train Museum with Cole, Emily, Kate and Julie. I have been there many times, but was surprised to see that the museum was branching out into circus memorabilia.
I guess that makes sense since circuses traditionally traveled by rail plus Emmett Kelly, a very famous circus clown, was from Lafayette and is buried here.
Emmett Kelly in full costume as his character, Weary the Clown.
His grandson still lives here and visits the museum occasionally to talk about his famous grandfather.
Well, I collect circus horses and ponies, so when I saw the circus/train set up, you can bet I was checking it out for them!
While it was quite elaborate, there weren't any horses that caught my eye.
But I did see some beautiful vintage circus posters with horses on them. (I wish I had taken more pictures of those.)
We had fun, but just as had happened when I took Julie and Kate to the barn to see Abby...
... the rocks seemed to be their favorite attraction!

No comments:
Post a Comment