Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Show Prep

I love the shows that Great Lakes Congress holds. The folks who put it on are friendly and knowledgable, and the show always runs smoothly. The competition is tough but fun, and those in attendance are nice and fun to be around.

I am heading up to Chicago this weekend for their December holiday show which features china collectibility.
I'm leaving at home most of my plastics and bringing some chinas that rarely come out of the china cabinets as I worry about breakage. Some, like my Breyer porcelains, will always stay home, as will a few of my Hagen Renakers. But I thought it would be fun to pack up my mini HRs and see how they do.

I'm also bringing a Royal Douton, a Goebel, some Lozas, and a Freeman-Leidy, just for fun. They may not win a ribbon, but I'll never know unless I try. And, since the china show is double judged for halter and collectibility, who knows?

All the horses are chosen and ready to be packed, and my documentation is done and printed. I still need to make a motel reservation for Friday night, buy some snacks, and pack my tubs and suitcase.

Today and Wednesday are uber busy, both at school and after, so Thursday night will be a busy one for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment