Monday, November 13, 2017

Yes, You May Look, Mila!

Now that the china hutch in the living room has been anchored to the wall, I am much more comfortable when this happens.
 In the past, I  would push the loveseat up to it so that my grandchildren could not get back there, or I kept an eagle eye on them and would not let them go too close to look at the horses. Not only did I want to protect my chinas, but I did not want the kids getting hurt, either. The cabinet was tippy, and the glass panels are breakable. (I know because the first one I had broke when the delivery men brought it into the house - they accidentally broke out one of the panels coming into my home. This is the one they brought to replace it.)
 So, today, when Mila wanted to look at my horses, I felt comfortable letting her get close up so she could see everything. She spent a long time, squatting down and just gazing at all the pretties, and occasionally pointing one out to me so I could tell her what it was. (No, I did not say "Special Run Buckskin Spanish Horse from the Hagen Renaker Collectors Club," I simply said, "Circus Pony... Quarter Horse... Arabian..." which was still probably too much for two year old ears!)
Clearly, Mila enjoyed the experience of looking at Grammy's china pieces. And I am thrilled that now I can share part of my collection with my grandchildren. Hopefully this will help cultivate a love of horses in her!

No comments:

Post a Comment