Saturday, January 19, 2019

A Winter Drive-By

I did a drive-by of the horses yesterday. They were out in the northwest pasture and over by the hay rack munching. The snow was still deep enough that I could not get out to them - I just did not feel up to hiking out to where they were. 

So, I did a drive-by. I've mentioned those before; it's something I do when it's snowy and icy. We have snow on the ground, with 4-7 inches of blowing and drifting snow expected today.
You can see Diablo, to her left the stored round bales, and to her right the hayrack and the rest of the herd.
Abby is on Sultanna's other side so I couldn't see her clearly, but I knew that Tim would check her later that day and let me know if there were any problems.

It looks like I will continue to do drive-bys for a few more days, but I'll be staying home today.
 It was sleeting and snowing when I got up at 5:30 this morning.
By 9:00 it had switched over to all snow, and as I write we are getting lots of snow coupled with wind that is causing drifting. Alerts keep coming to my phone about slide-offs, jack-knifed semis, and such.

No, I will not be doing a drive-by today - the sheriff has asked for no unnecessary travel, and since Tim will be out there, it isn't necessary that I go. But I'll miss seeing my girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment