Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Silver Star Classic - My Placings and a Bit of Irony

I only took twenty-one models to Silver Star Classic. I am mostly a vintage collector and so my models generally do not do well against the newer Breyers that are produced now.
Still, nearly half my models won a ribbon despite the fierce competition, a pleasant surprise.
In 1997 Stone held a breakfast for collectors who were attending BreyerFest and gave out these woodgrain models to those of us there. He often does well in Stone collectibility classes.
I was pleased that Straight Bet placed in a strong Andalusian class.
My Wish from the 2018 Holiday Wish and Wonder set won the Other Pony/Mix Pony class at her live show debut.
The Breyer collectibility class was huge and tough; I was happy with these results.
Windsong Georgia took second in her first showing. (I love this piece!)

And how ironic is this? I dislike unicorns, but my flocked unicorn won the Breyer Fantasy collectors class!
I popped him into the show tub at the last minute and hurriedly typed up a card, but I did not expect to win the class.
He topped my wedgewood Toys R Us special run Pegasus who often wins the Breyer fantasy classes. Since he won, I've gotten some teasing (probably well deserved) from friends who know how much I dislike unicorns. 

I do hope this show comes back for a second show next year. Lauren and Andrea Maultsby did a terrific job on it, and with the show being held in central Indiana, it is accessible to many, many hobbyists. Congratulations to Lauren and Andrea!







2 comments: