Monday, August 26, 2019

Family & Ponies Lift My Spirits

This morning I made it upstairs and into my horse room!
It's been eleven days since my surgery, but I finally felt I had enough energy to get up the stairs and into my happy spot. It's amazing how a little bit of normalcy can lift your spirits and make you feel better.
Friends have been dropping by to cheer me up - look what my dear friend made me!
And family has come by, too. Pony Pal Mila, complete with a new, large, sequined UNICORN, dropped by for lunch on the patio the other day.
I can only have soft liquids to eat for a while, and Curt had thoughtfully brought me a Frosty from Wendy's. We all ate lunch together on a beautiful day under the patio umbrella. (Sorry for the photo quality. I was not up to moving into the sun at that time to get better shots.)

It feels wonderful to be back amongst the models and to be able to have the energy for a family visit and other things. And now that I can make it upstairs, blog posts should become more regular again. (While I have a laptop downstairs, I prefer to use my desktop as it is easier to write with.) I did write eight entries ahead of my surgery and scheduled them to post daily while I was in the hospital, but that wasn't enough.

It's good to be back.



1 comment:

  1. Good to have you back!! Take it easy and give yourself plenty of time to heal!

    ReplyDelete