Saturday, August 24, 2024

Friday Night Lights Begin

First Post of the Day

What a way to begin our Friday Night Lights season - my alma mater playing Craig's!


We are ready for some high school football!


As always, we found seats at the 50 yard line. It was a bit of a challenge because both teams were local and so a lot of fans were present, but we found an open space near the top of the bleachers and settled in.


School has just begun so the West Lafayette marching band did not take the field for a show; instead, they played on the track in front of the bleachers.


I really enjoy watching high school and college bands play. I played the flute in high school but I rarely marched with the band - I was a baton twirler and performed that way. (Bet you did not know that about me!) Believe it or not, I can still twirl most of the routine to Harrison's school song.


The game progressed and Harrison was in the lead the entire time. I am happy to say that there was not one single foul called against either team - both sides played fairly the entire game. Way to go, guys!

I have two former students on Harrison's team but only one took the field last night.


Quinn, #7, was a starter for the offense and made some good plays for Harrison.


Here is Quinn (far right) as a 4th grader in my class. He and the two other boys are reading to one of our Reading Buddies, the boy in the Purdue tee.  


In the end, Harrison won by 8 points. I was glad my high school team won, I was glad that football had begun, and I was glad to be sitting outside on a beautiful summer evening with people I love.


It may be late August, but it feels as though Fall has begun. And that makes me happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment