Saturday, September 14, 2024

Blackened Beeswax Ornament Choices

Second Post of the Day

My goal this past week was to make 100 new blackened beeswax ornaments. I melted and poured two days straight, and then counted to double check that I'd hit my goal. 

Ninety-nine. Surely not! Had I miscounted the first day's pouring? I thought I knew what I needed to make on that second day to hit my goal of 100!

I counted again. Ninety-nine. The tally did not change. 

I was dismayed at first and then I started to laugh - that goal of 100 was a number I'd set. I was only one short and I could reset the goal to 99 if I wanted to. So, rather than melt more wax to make the 100th ornament, I called it good.

Here are the ornaments that I made for this year's Feast of the Hunters' Moon. (Three weeks from today!) The Give Away winner will be able to choose from among these although not every one is available. (A few have a flaw.)


Tray 1: Three different kinds of Snowflakes/Stars, Bunnies, Cardinals, and an Elk. (The elk is flawed - those antlers are so fragile and one broke. I fixed it while the beeswax was still soft but still...)


Tray 2: Leaping Horse, Dragonfly, Tree of Life, Squirrel, Double Horseheads, Heart Angel, Bison (both flawed), Howling Wolf, and Old World Santa with Bells.


Tray3: Oval Christmas Bells, Santa Head, Owl, Standing Bear, Baby Bear, Roaring Lion. 


This is the second day's pouring awaiting sealing - I forgot to get a picture of them finished and on trays!

Non Trayed Pieces: Snowflake/Star, Bunnies, Leaping Horse, Pegasus, Round Bells, Angel Heart, Wolf, Bison (flawed; it's a difficult mold), Oval Bells, Santa Head, Dragonfly, Roaring Lion, Lion Profile, Horse Profile, Standing Bear, Sitting Bear, Baby Bear, Old World Santa with Bells.

Some stats just in case you are wondering:

- The best sellers are the Snowflakes/Stars, Cardinals, Old World Santa with Bells, Bunnies, Heart Angel, Owl, Honeybee, and the Roaring Lion. (He is really detailed and hard to make, but so, so cool!)

- My favorites are the Heart Angel, Round Bells, Santa Moon (not pictured), and Double Horseheads.

- Not pictured because I had enough of them in stock already: Ram, Honeybee, Santa Moon, Round Fleur de Lis, Plain Fleur de Lis, and Mini Hearts (about the circumference of a dime.) These are also available to choose from if you win.

Good luck to all who enter! 



5 comments:

  1. I can see why the bees wax ornaments are so popular at the feast. They are charming. I liked your point about not stressing about 100 vs 99 just change the goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many lovely little pieces of art and I can just imagine how amazing they smell. I normally sit out of your give aways but those Northern Cardinals are just too tempting, Lynn. AJG

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I have a question: If you have any ornaments left over after the Feast, would you sell them through the mail? I was just thinking they would make adorable package ties for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Count me in if you offer your ornaments for sale online, they’re beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I can't believe I won! Thank you so much! <3
    I sent you an email. :)

    ReplyDelete