Second Post of the Day
Finished! And by the deadline I'd set myself. (I do that to keep myself on track as I have so many items of clothing to finish sewing.)
I spent all day yesterday making Mila's jacket. It has a lining, so essentially I made two jackets and then sewed them together. That involved very precise matching of seams and sides, and with those cut out flaps, I had to be very careful or they would not lie smoothly when stitched together.
It took a lot of pins. Any guesses as to how many it took to put the two pieces together? (Answer below.)
I pressed and hung the jacket and then began working on the sleeves.
Because they would be turned up at the bottom, I made the lining out of leftover petticoat fabric rather than the white cotton I'd lined the jacket with.
And then I sprinted over to Mila's home - I had to do the fitting session before she headed off to soccer practice, so time was of the essence.
Everything fit!
I took it back home because I had one last thing to do.
The jacket closure was twill ties and those needed to added now that I knew that everything fit her.
I'm happy, Mila's happy...
and now I'm moving on to finishing up Lisa's robe a l'Anglaise.
It has taken a lot of pins, too...
but if I ever counted them, I don't remember how many some of the parts of it have taken.
(If you are wondering, it took 125 pins to pin together the lining and outer part of Mila's jacket together.)
Wish me luck - I'm in the home stretch of making the dress for Lisa, but it is still going to be time consuming. My goal is to be done by Tuesday evening of next week.
Carpe diem!




Pin Counter! You would have made a wonderful tackmaker. Said with warm tones of admiration and fondness. Mila is fortunate. That is one cute jacket.
ReplyDeleteI love Mila's Feast clothing and can't wait to see Lisa's dress when it's finished. You are a master!
ReplyDelete