Second Post of the Day
I ran into another case of buyer beware last week. And I fell for it completely.
Look at this horsey Lego set.
Honoring the Budweiser Clydesdales, it came across my Facebook feed. I immediately took a screen shot and sent it to our family GroupMe chat.
"Please, please, PLEASE someone get this for me!! My birthday is coming up." (Not until the end of August, but still...)
And then, I got the bad news. It was not an official Lego set.
I am disappointed, but I'm also glad Kyle checked it out for me. Yet another case of buyer beware raising its ugly head.
And then, look what appeared in my social media feed yesterday.
I'd get that in a heartbeat for several family members! But no number appears to check for authenticity, and, even more telling, there is no red Lego sign on the box.
As a Legomaniac, I've seen many MOC's (my own creations) as well as Bricklink designed sets that have gone on to become actual Lego produced sets and I totally would have purchased this one, had it been real.
ReplyDeleteBoo to the knockoff company using the actual Lego logo.