Sarah has meetings in Des Moines all this week, so she flew in early and spent Labor Day weekend with us!
There's nothing like having a family gathering with all the local family.
And the dogs. All five are present in that picture. Can you find them all?
We went out for lunch together.
We did some growth measuring
and shared strategies for winning.
For fun, Vanessa made a family video of us running a backwards race.
I think Curt was the clear winner. We also celebrated his birthday together.
Then, one evening Craig and I were asked to "not listen" while Curt, Sarah, and Lisa met online with their other siblings. (Although they did ask me to come in and take a photo of them all together.)
Our 50th wedding anniversary is this November and the kids are planning an open house for us over the holidays. We know some of the details but apparently others are going to be a surprise.
Sarah was with us Friday through Monday, and it was lovely to be together. Our kids all have very busy lives and I am grateful for any time they can give us.
She flew to Des Moines Monday evening. She is the director for states' expansion for Healthy Birth Day, a stillbirth prevention organization. She has 48 states on board and the final two are in progress. As such she supports the state partners and helps them integrate Count the Kicks, a program that's been shown to help prevent stillbirth.
Needless to say, I am very proud of the work she is doing.
Craig and I have settled back into our quiet lives again, but it was breath of fresh air having her come. I love you, Sarah. Thank you for the gift of time you gave us. We treasure those moments with you. xo
I found all the dogs even with Pepper hiding. So nice to have family visit.
ReplyDeleteStart a new online game, “Where’s Pepper!”
ReplyDeleteThe backwards race made me laugh!