Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Not Enough, Not Yet

Sarah was here for the Labor Day weekend (a blog post is coming) and now that she has left, I am back at the sewing machine. 

The stress is really starting to hit. The Feast of the Hunters' Moon is late this year (October 24 - 25) which allows me more time to prepare, but still, that gives me just six weeks to finish getting ready.


I am almost done with replenishing the trade shirts. Stitching several up for the Nebraska Contingent put me behind a bit, but then, those were counted as Feast sales so I'm not really behind.


This is a new block print and I love it! There are browns with accents of red and blue.


You can see the colors better on the prepared sleeves. (The triangles on the underside of the sleeves are gussets which allow for a greater range of movement for the wearer.)


My personal preference is for sleeve buttons, but since some folks prefer horn or bone buttons, I am making some shirts with them. This shirt has buttons made from horn.


Also a new fabric and with an unusual combination of colors, gold, red, and white.


It has bone buttons.

 I have another 3XL trade shirt cut out and will begin that today. I'll make one more 3XL after that and call the trade shirts good.

Then it will be on to bedgowns - I only have five of those made and would like to make at least three more. Petticoats are also on my to-do list, and I just heard the long range weather forecast for late October is supposed to be cold. Three cloaks have been added to the list.

Part of that prep for the Feast includes making beeswax ornaments. While making those is not as time consuming as the sewn items, it's still a big process with a lot of set up and then clean up.


I have 100 ornaments in stock, but when you consider that I have 43 molds, that's only 2 - 3 per mold, and that won't get me through the Feast.


I simply don't have enough, not yet.

Stay 'tooned!

2 comments:

  1. Don't do so much that it isn't fun. Switch up if needed. No matter what you make, there will be one person who wants something else. Just enjoy the moments and the process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such drive and clarity! I'm reminded of planning a new horse purchase -- and then the horses themselves change it all. I agree with Betsy here. // I love the close-ups of the new fabrics; they have such character. Your choices between sleeve button and button remind me that exact terms really matter.

    ReplyDelete