Thursday, November 5, 2020

Give Me an N!

 In order to honor Karen Crossley, a Canadian hobbyist and active blogger who unexpectedly passed away in July, Jennifer Buxton, Anne Field, and I are finishing  Karen's project of going through her collection by alphabet and talking about the models whose names began with those letters.

There are a lot of models in my collection whose names start with the letter N.

Nancy's Love, a Hagen Renaker Collector's Club special run was named by combining the names of two of my favorite Hagen Renaker folks - Nancy Falzone and Maureen Love.

Nauvoo is a 1961 version of Beswick's Large Stretched Foal. I found him in an antique shop in Nauvoo, Illinois and named him after the town. Come to find that Danielle Feldman also visited Nauvoo, found a piece in that same antique shop, and named hers Nauvoo, too! 
Nancy's Gift. Not a horse, but a surprise gift from Nancy Falzone a few years ago. This Hagen Renaker cocker spaniel puppy is over 60 years old.
Mr. Nedz. Yeah, his name technically begins with an M but I named him Nedz and then added the Mister because it sounded like the 1960s television horse, Mr. Ed. 

Mr. Nedz is  a Donna Chaney RubberNedz large Andalusian. He is the size of a Breyer Traditional and very, very heavy.

There are a lot of Saddlebreds in Tennessee near Nashville where Music City Son Cole and his family reside. This flashy Breyer needed a name synonymous with glitz but one that was also maybe a little folksy and comfortable. Nashville fit the bill.

Meet Navia, a 2017 BreyerFest special run. I like Breyer's clearware a lot.
Nayati has actually sparked some purchases of Classic/Freedom sized models that were added to my collection. A gambler's choice web special for Collectors Club members earlier this year, I bought him hoping to get the Appaloosa. When I opened the box and saw this gorgeous dunalino piece, I was glad that I hadn't gotten that Appy! (And I've since added several more Classic/Freedom sized models to my collection!)

Nico's not a horse but he is part of my collection. Now that I have begun adding dolls as well as Stablemates and Classics/Freedoms to my collection, Nico may come out of his box and appear in some photo shows.

On to the next letter, O!

In loving memory of Karen Crossley, a good friend.




No comments:

Post a Comment