Monday, November 30, 2020

Holiday Horsiness: A Fancy, Festive Hat

 Aside from a small group of collectors, the Old Timer doesn't get a lot of attention in the hobby. Count me in as one of those collectors who values him.

The mold portrays a steady, older horse who is resting peacefully at the end of the day. He's the kind of horse you'd like to give an apple or carrot to and then spend time giving a good scratch.

Most releases of the Old Timer have come with hats, and over time those hats get separated from the model and then lost. I've seen many Old Timers in antique stores, but almost always they are sans hat.
Luckily, you can have a replacement hat made for him.
Or, a festive holiday hat if you are so inclined! (Am I ever!)
He looks quite ready for the holidays, and maybe even prepared to help pull Santa's sleigh! 

Because, don't you know, that's the kind of horse the Old Timer is.





3 comments:

  1. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one sell in hobby circles for under $30. I feel like he doesn’t get a lot of tension, but has a lot of silent fans.
    I’m actually very backwards when it comes to old timer. I have a hat, but no horse 😂
    I’ve been looking for one every time I go to an antique store or model show, but have not managed to find one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a charming old chap in his quiet way. Love the festive hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that one of Lisa Haley's Old Timer hats? Her hats are so fun!

    ReplyDelete