Sunday, November 1, 2020

Horsey Sewing

Besides collecting, my other hobby is sewing, and when I am sewing something horsey, be it a blanket for a model, a haversack, or simply something with horses on the fabric, I am a very happy girl.

I bought this fabric to make haversacks but forgot to check its scale - it's too big for those. So, I turned it into a tablecloth. It will work well as a show tablecloth or on a table at home.
I finished the embroidered haversack for the winner of one of the 50th anniversary giveaways. 
She asked for me to add a velcro closure - no problem!
And I have been experimenting with embroidering the blankets from the last giveaway. (Not all of these have been ironed yet so don't worry if it looks like your blanket is a wrinkled mess.)

My Lady Phases are benefitting from my experimenting - they get all my practice blankets! But there is a problem when I use them for embroidered blankets.

Their hindquarters are higher than their forehand and so it makes it look as though I cannot sew straight. I kept measuring and experimenting and wondering what I was doing wrong until I tried the blanket on a different model, one whose hindquarters were level with the forehand. Suddenly my writing straightened right out.

If you did not win any of the giveaways, I have a little something for you. I sent the first batch out Saturday to those who'd sent me their addresses. If you didn't win and still haven't sent me your address, please do so soon if you'd like a surprise in the mail. Send your address to horsiemama8@gmail.com.



3 comments:

  1. Yay!! So nice to see your progress. I am so glad you found you weren't writing crooked!
    There is one Lady Phase in that row without a blanket...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lady Phase without a blanket looks sad. Like my models that don't yet have nameplate halters, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see the variety of winner blankets. Gold thread looks good on everything!

    ReplyDelete