Despite being a die hard vintage collector, I do think that some of the new Breyer molds are lovely. Enough so that when Breyer had its Collector Club Appreciation sale, everything I bought was a new mold.
Lippizaners are one of my favorite breeds, and Favory Ariella is lovely.So is her foal.
I owned a Morgan once, and have been eyeing the Classic/Freedom Fairfax, so I tossed him into my virtual cart during the CCA sale.
Sadly, he has a lot of scuffs and rubs on the box side. I was disappointed, but I kept him.Me with my Morgan, Irish Flame, leading her to the farrier for a trim. He used to set up under the trees along the river where it was cool and shady.I like blue roans, and love my Nayati in dunalino, so I purchased American Dream.
Another new mold that I like, especially as Carter, and so last but not least, I ordered a Peptoboonsmal.
The CCA event stated that if you ordered $125 worth of models, you would receive a glossy model worth $150 with your order. Breyer teased us by telling us the names of three of those models and others (the teaser part) which they did not identify.
When my shipping box arrived and I pulled out my new models, I discovered that I had received the Orrin Mixer Quarter Horse. He is really nice. (I was a bit relieved as I don't care for the Emerson or Connemara Mare molds which were two of the possibilities.)
Like I said, I consider myself a vintage collector, but Breyer keeps introducing beautiful new mold models. That's why this non Stablemate collector is currently waiting on two Stablemate blind bags.






Yeah I don't collect Stablemates either,... (she says, standing in front of 46 palomino SMs). The phrase "gateway drug" comes to mind.
ReplyDeleteWhen did the bay Dundee become available...that is not Carter, who is a pearlie dapple rose gray? The bay is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHeather, the bay is Peptoboonsmal. Carter is the same mold in pearly rose grey and gorgeous. I have both. So what I was saying was that I liked the mold, especially as Carter i.e.in the pearly rose grey. :) Peptoboonsmal is currently available.
ReplyDelete