Normally, that's not a problem. But right now since I'm post op, I am sore, moving slowly, and under restrictions for lifting. Snickerdoodle and Sultanna are very social, but they're also babies and sometimes crowd me. Or, they nip at each other and get things stirred up, making it so I have to quickly dodge out of the way. I'm just not up to that right now.
I went back to the car and got my pig whip out of the trunk. I usually use it to keep Trouble away (he's just as nosy as the babies) but they, too, know and respect it. (I don't hit them with it; it has a snapper and so I shake at at them when they come too close. They don't like the noise and back away.)
It worked like a charm! Sultanna, Snickerdoodle, and Hokey stayed back so I could visit Abby. (I do think it's funny that they stayed close and watched me chat with her. Like I said, they're very social!)
Abby was really happy to see me. Since Tim is rotating pastures, she, Trouble, and Diablo are together in a smaller field by the old barn so the others can grow. Because of my post op restrictions, I couldn't lift and wrestle the gates to get in with her and I am just too tender to duck between the wires. So, I had to be content with a visit through a partially opened gate. (Tomorrow I'll go down the lane to the old barn. I can get into the pasture she's in from up there.)
Looks like the other four pastures are growing well! I'm not sure which one Tim will rotate into next, but this one with the loafing shed is looking nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment