Monday, June 26, 2017

More Generosity from Kathleen

Oh, how I wish I had had better record keeping skills when these resins arrived! All are gifts from Kathleen Moody, and I don't remember the circumstances as to why she sent them to me.
 I believe this came from her personal collection. It's a customized On Broadway.
It's not signed, but it came in a box packed with some other things Kathleen had sent me and was a surprise. I got it in the 2000s some time.
 I also have a Palomar Elite II. It arrived unpainted and so I sent it out to Janis Whitcomb for painting.
 She did not sign him - I think she must've forgotten. He, too, is from the 2000s.
And, Kathleen gave me a Moody Magnificence, one of her signature sculpts! If I remember right, Kathleen told me this was an extra blank she happened to have. From the 2000s like the others.
 Janis Whitcomb painted it, too. (But unlike the Palomar Elite II, she signed her work this time.)

Then, of course, there is my Rockwell. But how he came about is documented in a couple of blog entries earlier this month.
At the time I received all of the resins, I was just returning to work after sixteen years of being home with my children. And, since we had six of them, money was tight, tight, tight. The mama of a lot of children herself, Kathleen understands how tight a budget for a big family can be and that often there simply is no room in it for extras like resin models.

So, in her generosity and having access to resins since she sculpted them, she sent me a few out of the kindness of her heart.

And for that, I will always be grateful. And, I will pass on that gift of generosity to others, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment