Cee and Leslie taking a spin around the pasture. Early 1980s.
Cee was my 4-H and show horse. A Quarter Horse gelding, he earned many, many ribbons (I still have one of them hanging in my horse room.) But I loved him most for his quiet personality and the fact that you could do anything with him and do it safely. I do not recall ever falling off him. I can't even remember him shying at things. He was a very, very safe horse to ride or be with on the ground.
Me swimming with Cee in Burnett Creek, 1974.
He also loved to swim, and with the Wabash, Wildcat, and Burnett Creek close to hand, he got a lot of time in the water. Cee would leap off banks, paw, roll, and thoroughly enjoy himself. Some of my fondest horse memories are of spending time with him as he played in his favorite element on a hot summer day.
His final days were spent in a nine acre pasture with Amy and Pokey, with a barn that allowed him to go in and out at will. He passed away peacefully at an old age and was happy and content until the end.


No comments:
Post a Comment