Saturday, March 31, 2018

My First Real Decorator!

I have wanted a Breyer decorator, the real kind from the 1960s, not the current ones, for decades. While woodgrain was a decorator color back them and I have a lot of woodgrains, what I am referring to are the colors wedgwood, copenhagen, florentine, and gold charm that were done on the Running Mare and Foal, Five Gaiter, Semi Rearing Mustang, and the Fighting Stallion.

You'd think that since I was collecting when those were being produced, I might have one, but I don't!

Prices on Breyers seem to be down, and so I have been watching eBay closely. This past week, I scored my very first REAL decorator as a result. (All photos from eBay auction listing.)
 A wedgwood Running Foal! My favorite of the four decorator colors!
 Wedgwood Running Foal, #4120, 1963-1964.
He's a lighter blue with gorgeous shading. He also has some black marks that I will need to remove and a broken ear that I need to fix.

I am pleased to have him - in the past, they have sold for upwards of $1500, more than I would ever spend on a piece for my collection.

But he is mine now, and I could not be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment