Leslie's owned two - Rusty and Thor. Here's Thor.
Thor reminds me a bit of Breyer's Appaloosa Performance Horse.
I didn't know Thor very well; in fact, I only remember riding him maybe once or twice. At the time she got him, I was living in Illinois and was busy with my children. And, when we came back to Indiana for visits, there were two sets of grandparents to visit as well as other aunts, uncles, and cousins. It was more common to have family gatherings at the grandparents' homes, not at Leslie's.
But I do remember him and how big he seemed (hence his name.) He was not very bright; in fact, the vet deemed him "slow." As a foal, Thor had somehow fallen into a parked combine and injured his head, leaving a visible dent in his skull. (We would love to know the story behind that!) We don't know if that was the cause of his lower intelligence or not, but he was still a kind and friendly horse as well as beautiful to look at.
Like all the others, Thor found his forever home with Leslie and lived out his days well cared for and well loved.

No comments:
Post a Comment