I am still grumbling about retiring early, but there are a few things that I really do enjoy now that I don't have to go to work every day. Morning visits with Abby are one of them.
This morning she led the charge out of the old barn when she heard me calling, coming down the hill at a canter.
Sultanna was hot on her heels with Diablo bringing up the rear. (I only give treats to Abby, but those two are ever hopeful. Hokey and Trouble, though, know the drill and usually don't bother to come see me.)
She was glad to see me (and my peppermints) and we had a lovely visit.
Then, as usual, Abby watched me leave before heading back to the barn.
I miss school and the students terribly, but a late morning barn visit does have its perks and pleasures!
No comments:
Post a Comment