I compared my two buckskin Semi-Rearing Stallions this morning, and their differences, while more subtle than those of the Five Gaiters, are there and intriguing.
At first glance, you don't see too much that varies.
It's only when you take a closer look that you begin to see them.
Buckskin #1 is my original piece in this color.
He is semi-glossy and has some teeny tiny speckling throughout his paint job that can sometimes be an indication of a chalky (he is not) but I still wonder why it is there. I have other models, all non chalkies, who have it, too. Just what are they?There is no dorsal stripe (that's a shadow in the seam) and his left hip has "dipped" lower than other examples of this mold that I own.
Under the belly he is a beautiful dark color and he has a USA stamp.
Pinking on the nose and white shading, especially on the off shoulder, make him a nice piece.
My second piece has only been with my since 2014. I bought him off eBay and he came in his original cardboard box.
Like the other, his near hind leg has a partial sock and he is semi-glossy.
His color is a bit darker and has no speckling.
No dorsal stripe (again, that's a shadow.)
There is also a bit of pinking on his nose. He does not have the shoulder shading that the other one does.And he LEANS! Does he ever! (The Coke can is there to show just how much he leans.) I have wondered if this might be because he was stored in his box and on his side for years.
His belly color is flat and not as rich when compared to his counterpart. He, too, has the USA stamp.
When put together, you can see the extent of that lean (#1 on the right; #2 on the left.)And look at the height difference in this photo. Both models are balancing on their tails with their front hooves off the ground (or desk, in this case. Hah!) The second model's front hoof is barely off the ground. My guess is that that is a result of his leaning.
Tomorrow I will have another variations to show. I'm not sure which I will pull off the shelves, yet, but I will do another comparison and post it in the morning.















Leans can be corrected you know, with care...
ReplyDelete