Wednesday, November 14, 2018

A Hasty Circus Pony

(Busy week for me - I am subbing in two different schools and mentoring a new teacher in a third. I finish up tomorrow afternoon and will be back to daily posts. While I have missed blogging, it's been great to be back in the classroom!)

I had not heard of Lynn Haste and her Hasty Horses until last week. I was doing an online search for circus ponies and this photo popped up.
It reminded me a lot of the old Precious Moments figurines in its chubbiness, lack of detail, and nearly all-white coloring. The price was very reasonable and so I ordered one. I was very curious as to what it would look like in hand.
The pony arrived in a blue box with the Hasty Horses logo and a factory label.
There was also a signed COA. Apparently the piece was produced in 2004. The information online said that it was made of porcelain and that this was the last piece left. It also said that she had originally planned to sculpt a circus rider for it but had never gotten it done.
 The piece arrived yesterday.
There is a label on the underside of the base with the model's number, date, and the sculptor's name and trademark.
 He's cute, but he's also pretty unremarkable. Still, I am glad to add him to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment