Yesterday a surprise box arrived from Nancy Kelly. Inside?
Three Mortens Studio puppies!!
This is the large sized sitting Boxer pup.
He's in remarkable shape for a Mortens Studio.
The large Irish Setter puppy was also in the box.
Like the Boxer, he, too, is in excellent shape. (I love his sweet little eyes!)
The large Collie pup has had a bit of a rough life, but he will find a happy home with my adult Collie.
He's painted in my favorite Mortens' color - butterscotch and cream.
His underside is glazed unpainted plaster with the Mortens Studio stamp on top.The underside of the Irish Setter has been painted like the hoof bottoms of my Mortens Studio horses. (Go here to see the bottoms of their feet.) The paint is very thick.
The Boxer's underside is curious - was the paint added after the stamp? Or was the stamp added after the paint and fading over time? It's hard to tell, but I think its the latter. See those two places where the brown paint has chipped off, exposing the base? The stamp has chipped off in those areas, too. If it were on the base and then painted over, you should still see the stamp under the chips.
Nancy, thank you so much for the surprise. I will treasure these puppies!










Now we need to see the adult Collie with the puppy. You have generous friends!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Eventually I will get around to some photo shoots ..
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing!
Can't wait to see them!!
ReplyDelete