Friday, April 19, 2019

The Search Comes to an End

The search has come to an end! After years and years of looking, I finally found the two horses that I have wanted more than any others. They are very difficult to find, and it is only the second time that I have even seen them come up for sale. In fact, I wasn't sure that one of them actually existed - I'd heard rumors, but never could find pictures to prove its existence.

In 2016 I began saving up my money in the hopes that I would come across one or the other. (I never expected to find both, especially at the same time.) I knew that they would most likely be expensive so I wanted to be prepared.

Even with the money saved up and earmarked for these two pieces, I thought long and hard before I purchased them. My decision was helped along by the fact that I was offered an emergency vacancy in the alternative school and went back to teaching. Because of that, I had an extra financial cushion and I would not have to touch my savings.

So I took the plunge.

 At last, the small Metlox Poppytrail Circus Pony is in my collection.
When the box arrived, I let it sit for a day - I just could not believe that I had finally found my most wanted pieces.
While both pieces stand very well, I have them temporarily lying on bubble wrap. I'll put them in the upstairs china cabinet soon, but in the meantime, I like having them in my office where I can look at them.
The white piece has two stickers - one on its flank and the other under its belly. The stickers are in terrific condition, especially considering their age.

I am still pinching myself that my dream has come true. Tomorrow I will talk about the other one, the one I only just discovered really did exist.




3 comments:

  1. This is amazing!! Mega congrats...soooo happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am over the moon with happiness!

      Delete
  2. It's hard to know what to say when the search has been this long! I am dazzled. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete