Thursday, April 11, 2019

Maureen Love's First Horse

Recently a friend and I were discussing the collectibility factor of Hagen Renakers. As we chatted, she mentioned that she had a very special piece in her personal collection. (Photos shared with permission.)
Maureen Love's first horse.
Isn't it beautiful?
Maureen had signed the base herself and written that it was her first horse.
When asked what breed the horse was, she'd responded, "I was just happy it looked like a horse!"
Maureen Love's subsequent pieces became more and more beautiful and refined, but her very first piece has a sweetness and beauty all its own.

It's in a class all its own.




2 comments:

  1. It would be cool to learn how this foundation sire was made. Is it really a one of a kind?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is according to the owner. I believe she got it from Maureen herself.

    ReplyDelete