Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Lancelot - Color Repeat?

As I looked at photos of Breyer's new  web special Lancelot in Appaloosa, I had a nagging feeling that I had seen that color done before, and fairly recently, too, on another model.


Photo from Breyer web site.

Then I remembered - Lancelot in Appaloosa was very similar to Lucy, the 2013 Vintage Collectors Club special! (All photos of Lucy are from Identify Your Breyer.)
The text on IYB says that Lucy has brown and black spots.  The matte version has brown spots
while the glossy version has black ones. Lancelot's spots are brown. I have looked at a lot of photos that have been posted online of the Appaloosa Lancelot and have not seen any with black spots so I am assuming that he does not come in a black spotted version. Having said that, with Breyer, you never know!

The paint jobs on both Lucy and Lancelot are really nice, and there have been very few complaints as to quality control (outside of the super small shipping box he came in.)  
I received the blue Lancelot - he is so pretty and has green undertones.
But since I really don't collect Breyer's Classics line, I am sending him to a friend who wanted a blue one.




No comments:

Post a Comment