Monday, September 23, 2019

Found! A Long Wanted Piece

I have wanted Poppy, the Performing Pony by Cybis for a long time. They come up on eBay occasionally and are usually listed at $200. That's more than I wanted to pay for the piece, so I have watched as they have come and gone for several years now.
Last year, one popped up for $149. It sold fairly quickly, and then another was listed for the same price. I have been watching it for months. $149, while better than $200, is still more than I was willing to pay to acquire a Poppy.
 Last week I got an eBay message saying that the seller was willing to accept $99 if any of those watching the auction were interested. Most definitely, I was!
 And now I have my own Cybis Poppy, safely ensconced in my china cabinet.
Poppy was made 1976 - 1979 and was a limited edition of 1000 according to the Cybis archives.  Mine is #363 and bigger than I'd realized. There are no chips or breaks.

She's a nice addition to my circus horse collection and I am already thinking of taking her to Great Lakes Congress' October show for a special collector's class they are having.





1 comment:

  1. To think I'd almost never seen this beauty. She's a perfect addition to your collection. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete