Last May when I was out in Utah visiting my daughter, Jessica, I also made some time to get together with Tara Oliver and her mama, Cristine Holt, who live just a few miles from Jessica. One of the highlights of our get together was visiting with Tara's horses, so when she and Cris came out to judge at FAMulous, naturally I returned the favor!
Tara with Hokey and Sultanna.
Tara and Cris are true horse lovers - their passion for equines is a lifelong one.
Tara with Trouble, Diablo, and Abby.
Trouble and Diablo moved on after some petting and went back to grazingbut the ever social Abby stuck around. She really does enjoy being with people (even after all the treats have been munched!)
That sociability trait of Abby's was what led to my decision to bring her home with me when I found her at Indiana Horse Rescue. She simply loves people.
Even after Tara walked away, Abby stayed by the gate hoping for some more interaction.
I couldn't resist - if she wanted more people contact, then I would give it to her!
It was fun showing Tara and Cris my little corner of the horse world, simple though it may be
because they, too, find joy in those simple aspects of a horsey life.










No comments:
Post a Comment