Friday, November 29, 2019

The Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future

While I was taking this photo of the kids' table for Thanksgiving dinner,
I noticed something next to Pony Pal Mila's plate that made me smile and took me right back to my own childhood.
I give all my grandchildren, whether they are near or far, a new Christmas ornament at Thanksgiving. Pony Pal Mila liked her new unicorn ornament so much that she had brought it to the dinner table.
It also made an appearance in the photos I took of the Pony Pals and Cow Pokes playing upstairs with the Fisher Price Little People Christmas Village and Nativity. Mila is so like me in that she always has a horse to hand.
Julie, Mila (with her hand on her unicorn ornament), Lukas, Kate, Ian, and Susan.

I felt the shade of Dickens and all three of his Ghosts yesterday. Mila's horse loving activities in the here and now connected back to my own past. They also foreshadowed the future.



1 comment: