Saturday, July 25, 2020

A Pony Named Cupcake and a Blanket without a Horse

After Cambria competed in the mutton busting competition, I discovered that she and Titan had sent me a couple of things to thank me for making their shirts and buying their boots. "Look for a package in the mail tomorrow," Mountain Mama Jessica texted, "and another one in a few days. When you get them, text me and I will send a message that the kids have for you."
The very next day, Brookside Pink Magnum arrived. (I could not believe that they bought me a Breyer that I did not already have - that's tough to do!) I texted Mountain Mama and let her know I'd received the first package and was thrilled. She texted back with Titan's message and an explanation.



I took her up on that challenge to Google pink Breyer horses. Yeesh! She was right! Then I invited Titan to help me name my new horse. I wanted to incorporate something about him in the name, so I suggested Cowboy Titan, Rodeo Titan, and Cowpoke Titan.


Titan's suggestion? Cupcake!! All righty then, Cupcake it is! (Although I think I will tag Cowboy or Cowpoke onto it, too.) 

Two days later, Cambria's gift was delivered. A Breyer blanket set! I collect Breyer blankets but I did not have this one yet. Score again for the rodeo kids in buying me something from Breyer that I didn't already have!



Once again I texted Mountain Mama to let her know that Cambria's gift had come. But her response gave me pause. Cambria said that she'd chosen a horse, but I got a blanket, not a horse.


More texts flew back and forth, and it turned out that Cambria thought she had bought me the horse modeling the blanket, not just the blanket.


Quickly at Jessie's request, I put the blanket on Bouncer (it swallowed him whole!), took a photo of it, and sent it for the kids to see. Then I started looking online to see if I could find the grey Stock Horse Mare that was wearing the blanket on the box.



Fortunately, I found and purchased one for only $13 right away. It should get here early next week and then I will put the blanket and shipping boots on it, take that photo, and send it off for Cambria to see. 

In the meantime, it sounds like a little interest in collecting has begun percolating around the rodeo kids' home. Now that's a score for Grammy!





No comments:

Post a Comment