It's a virtual event this year due to the pandemic, and I am okay with that. I won't miss the heat or the crowds, and I think I will actually be able to participate in more activities than usual because I won't be trying to hoof it across the park to get to a seminar or having to decide between two things I'd like to do but which are offered at the same time. Everything is online, and as I understand it, I can access them on my own time schedule this weekend.
What I will miss is a biggie - meeting up with my hobby friends. Beth Dickinson and I have been friends since 1970 - fifty years this year - and we always see each other at BreyerFest.
Stephanie Clift, Kathy Bateman, and Beth Dickinson at BreyerFest, 1997.
But she is staying in Pennsylvania and I will be in Indiana. My Great Lakes Congress friends, the Happy Trails folks, the Indiana collectors, Nancy Falzone, and others... sadly, not this year.
Nancy Falzone and me, BreyerFest 2019.
Susan Bensema Young and Kistisan Beverly, BreyerFest 2019
Jennifer Buxton and me, BreyerFest 2017.
Still, I'll be wearing my model horse tees all week and have budgeted some spending money beyond the tent and store specials so that I can so a little extra shopping.
I have my fingers crossed that the Slainte Surprise model (my number one pick) will be a vintage mold. (These photos taken from Breyer's web site.)
After the Slainte Surprise model for my tent special items, I put Lugh next in priority
and then Thorn, both vintage molds that I collect.
And I am hoping to get Kelpie, the crystal Bouncer, to add to my collection of crystal horses. (They are beautiful.)
I can't wait to attend Liz Cory's three different seminars on collecting, Jamie Rott's discussions on cataloging your collection and writing up documentation for live showing, and Robin Briscoe's talk about keeping track of models that you have stored as well as out on display.
I think Breyer has gone above and beyond in making Virtual BreyerFest to be a fun event for collectors. And I will be hanging out here in the air conditioned comfort of my home
or out at the barn with my Pony Pals and Cowpokes enjoying a very different but still exciting BreyerFest. (Lukie, Mila, Susie, Julie, Kate, and Ian)





No comments:
Post a Comment