Thursday, July 30, 2020

My New RubberNedz!

Donna Chaney of Animal Artistry  has been making lovely china and resin pieces since 1983. I especially love her circus horses and have several of them:
 A small Striking Arabian Circus Horse in resin,
a Limited Edition Rearing Circus Horse in bone china,
and Tagus done as a RubberNedz Circus Horse. This was my first RubberNedz. But it wasn't my last.

I stopped by Donna's booth at BreyerFest last year and chatted with her. She told me that she had begun making her Rearing Andalusian Stallion as RubberNedz Circus Horses and showed me the one she had brought as a sample. (Sadly, I did not take a photo of it.) It was beautiful, and sure gave me something to think about.

Later that summer, I wrote Donna and asked if I could purchase one. She was willing to take my order, and agreed to paint it bay with orange and gold tack to match my other piece. I knew it would be a while before I got it; Donna once wrote that the RubberNedz were time consuming to make, but I knew it would be worth the wait.

Last month Donna wrote me and said he was nearly done and that she would be mailing him soon. A week or so later I received a tracking number and began watching its slow progress from Herefordshire, England to Indiana.
It took almost three weeks to arrive, and went from New York to Miami before coming to Indiana.
But at last that box arrived.
 And I am thrilled to have him!

Big plans are in the work for this one. More about that in a future post.









1 comment:

  1. Oh. Wow. Words not enough! How fortunate, how gracious to be able to match the earlier pony.

    ReplyDelete