Having said that, I still had fun despite the issues I had. Early Friday morning I gathered my Breyer Tervis cup, my Breyer notebook, donned my 70th Anniversary tee shirt, and made sure my list of things that I wanted to see and do was ready.
After about ten minutes I was able to access it, and I headed immediately to the Pop Up and Fling shops. To my surprise, I found all the items available. I put a Kelpie in my cart (the only thing I really wanted) and went to check out. Only, for some reason, it asked me to login again. Hmmmm, I was already logged in, but I complied. The login box appeared again. I logged in five more times before I gave up and figured I'd try again later.
I decided to watch my number one seminar/workshop - Liz Cory's Hobby History. Forty-five minutes later, I was smiling and processing new tidbits of information that I had not known.
And then, to my surprise, I saw myself listed on the last slide. (Thanks, Liz!) That was a nice thing for her to do!
Back I went to the Pop Up and Fling stores. I could see the merchandise, but when I tried to buy something, I got into the login loop again. I checked model horse Facebook sites and saw that I was not the only one experiencing this issue - everyone was having trouble.
And that became the big story of the day - most people could not order anything or were caught in the login loop. When the hourly tent specials started at 10:00, those would not work, either. Breyer began posting notes on social media sites as well as their own web site that they were having technical difficulties.
I decided that it was time for me to go to the "horse park," always a big part of BreyerFest.
My girl was glad to see me and we had a lovely visit.
And looks who's back! Sultanna came home this week - we all hope she is in foal again!After my visit to the "horse park," I came home, grabbed some lunch and tried again to see if I could get into the Pop Up and Fling stores. No such luck.
So, I did what many other hobbyists were doing - I pulled out another project (sewing pony pouches), set my laptop up where I could reach it, and began periodically refreshing the screen to see if I could get in (I did eventually) and then see if I could order.
Today's pony pouches in various stages of progress.
I also got a shipping notice for my Ballynoe model. But I noticed a problem right away.
Who is Stephanie? And why is her name on my order? The address was correct, and when I checked tracking, it was on its way here, but I don't understand why someone else's name is also on my order.I was scheduled to buy the Tent special runs at 3:00 but that was delayed by two hours. Even after waiting until 5:00 I couldn't get in, but about an hour later that changed and I was able to get the Slainte Surprise and Lugh - my two most wanted pieces. (A friend also got me a Lugh, so I have two! Score!)
Around the same time I was able to access the Pop Up and Fling shops, and I got Kelpie, a tee shirt, and the Stablemate set. (I don't really collect Stablemates, but I love the new Lippizaner mold and it's in the set. Couldn't resist!)
I wound up the day by watching the Celebration of Horses evening show and chatting with hobby friends.
What a day! It looks as though the glitches in the web site have been fixed and BreyerFest will run more smoothly Saturday. I still have plenty of things on my list to do - seminars to watch, workshops to attend, more shopping, and videos to watch.
I can't wait!


No comments:
Post a Comment