When not in the classroom teaching, our daughter Lisa is the girls' youth leader at church. She spends Wednesday evenings with the kiddos and helps them organize activities and service projects. Recently the girls requested doing a service activity with horses, and she knew exactly where to take them - Indiana Horse Rescue, Abby's old stomping grounds!
Saturday morning they made the drive south to Frankfort and were quickly put to work. They cleaned, they raked, they did whatever was needed. And, they got to groom!
Louise, a miniature horse who is a permanent resident of the rescue, loved all the attention that she received. Look at her lean into those brushes!Melanie, the woman who worked with me during Abby's adoption process, was still there.
When I'd learned that Lisa was taking her youth group down there for the day, I volunteered to come along and help. But, due to the pandemic, they were limited in the number of people that could go. I'm glad that Lisa sent me these photos so I could enjoy the visit from afar.


No comments:
Post a Comment