Monday, December 7, 2020

Holiday Horsiness: Christmas Cards!

One of the best things about the holiday season is getting Christmas cards in the mail. It's even better if those cards are horsey. I thought it might be fun to take a look at some of the cards I have received and how horse lovers are able to share holiday wishes that also reflect their own love of horses.
This first card has red and green, the colors of the season, and a horse pulling a sleigh.
In comparison to that no-doubt-it's-a-Christmas-card style, some that I have received are simply a notecard. Like this one with horses galloping by the ocean. 
Now here is a holiday card tailored to horse lovers! A portrait of a horse in the center and even the red background stripe has tiny galloping horses imprinted on it.
I am so fond of the phrase "Happy Trails" that I named my annual pony party that.
This next card has the full horse plus the addition of the old red barn in the background. 
Talk about a detailed picture - three horse drawn sleighs are squeezed into the picture on this card. I love the details, especially the wooden boards nailed to the tree on the left so that kids can climb the tree.
Some of my friends decorate the outside of their envelopes, too.
Or include fun things like stickers or cards. (Thanks, Edith!)
Edith's card is very detailed card yet the horse and sleigh remain the focus. The glow in the windows makes them look so warm and cozy. (And now I want some hot chocolate, haha!)

I've got more horsey Christmas cards to share, so stay 'tooned!

The December 7 advent calendar surprise is
a nice little Saddlebred!



No comments:

Post a Comment