There are a lot of parodies of Clement C. Moore's iconic Christmas poem, A Visit from Saint Nicholas. Some are very well done, others not so much so. Fergus and the Night Before Christmas will probably appeal to fans of the cartoon horse, but for me, it was simply okay.
Fergus is leading a team of horses of all shapes and sizes on Christmas Eveas they help Santa on his annual trek around the world.
They are quite a motley crew (I spy a Fjord!) and none of them really know what they are doing.
I did enjoy seeing how the horsey decor in the child's bedroom, like the bed's footboard in this picture, changed in response to what was happening in the story.
During the delivery chaos, Fergus quietly unharnesses Grace, the miniature horse who is far too small for her harness.By the time Santa notices that Grace is gone, it's too late - they are flying off to their next destination.
But not to worry - she is where she belongs! (Wasn't this every horsey kid's dream on Christmas Eve? It sure was mine!)Day 12 advent calendar surprise


I've never read this version of "twas the Night before Christmas" but since I adore Fergus, I'll have to check it out.
ReplyDelete