Thursday, December 17, 2020

The Twelve Days of Horsey Christmas - Day Seven

    On the seventh day of Christmas, dear Santa gave to me,


seven ribbon winners,


six mules (sort of) a'braying,

a new circus ring!


four horsey "birds,"

three new friends, 

two Maureen Loves, 

 
and a pony that was running free!


 Today's Breyer advent calendar surprise gave me pause when I opened its little door.
A jumping horse without a stand? That didn't seem right. The other jumping horse came with one, so why didn't this one? A quick check of the picture on the box confirmed that there is no second stand for this piece. 
Then I realized that the jumps had little posts to insert into his belly so that the Mini Whinney would be upright.
I tried one out and although the jump tipped back a bit, it did act as a stand for the horse.
WhileI feel like it should have its own stand, that is a very minor complaint on my part. I am really enjoying opening a door each day and already have plans to buy Breyer's 2021 advent calendar next year.





2 comments:

  1. A couple years ago, my friend gave me a Schleich advent calendar. I don't collect Schleichs, but I really enjoyed opening those doors each day. At the end of the month, I gave most of the prizes to a young horse lover. That was fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have the calendar, me and my sister worked out that the other jumping mare looks better on the jump and then this fellow can go on the stand? Just what we think but an expert opinion or anything

    ReplyDelete