After my first spinal fusion in 2016, I was out at the barn the third day after I'd gotten out of the hospital. Five years later, it took me an entire week.
Abby saw me coming and beat me to the gate.
She was waiting impatiently and nickering as I approached her. I could tell she was glad to see me again, just as I was thrilled to see her.
She'd also banged her head and had a cut that was healing.
Visiting her absolutely wore me out - I went to bed as soon as I got home and slept for an hour. But I will go back tomorrow and treat that rain rot. I'm under restrictions for pushing, pulling, lifting, and twisting, so I am not sure if I will be able to brush her out and get rid of that mud.
Still, I will do the best I can, and if I can't do it, I'm sure Craig, Teacher Daughter Lisa, or Pony Pal Mila and her family will come help me.
Taking care of my girl is one more step towards normalcy and it felt really, really good to be with her again.
No comments:
Post a Comment