Saturday morning was wet and the skies were drizzling on and off. Not wanting to miss a moment of BreyerFest, I hurried Pepper across the street to the park for her morning walk and frisbee chasing, then hopped into my car and zipped out to the barn to check Abby. (She was fine and happy to see me.)
I was dressed for BreyerFest again in my Great Lakes Congress Virtual BreyerFest 2020 shirt (made by Dani Youdris last year) and horseshoe necklace and earrings.
The live broadcast had already begun by the time I got back home, so I rushed up the stairs to my office and logged into BreyerFest on my laptop and desktop computers. (Grabbed a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup while I waited!)
I set the laptop for the live broadcast, then clicked onto Kylee Parks' STAG 2.0. Oh! My! Goodness! It was absolutely incredible!
If you haven't seen it, make sure you do. You will not be sorry.
I used L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz in my classroom and have read all 15 books in the series so to see such a wonderfully done, hobby connected video had me laughing in delight. (My favorites are Ozma of Oz, Glinda of Oz, and Tik-Tok of Oz.) My students loved these books and more than one read all 15 of them!
The live broadcast was a mix of things shown yesterday as well as new interviews and reveals. It was fun to see the Mares in Black, Jackie Rossi and Heather Malone, chatting about their podcasts.
Seminars that I watched included Anne Fields' Dolls and Performance. Anne has a gift and makes the most beautiful dolls - you ask her to create something, and she will figure it out.
But she also understands how the dolls need to work with their model horse counterparts, and puts together the most beautiful performance entries. (This is a screenshot from the seminar of a photo taken by Jennifer Buxton.)
Anne took us through a variety of dolls and showed how their articulation differed and then how those differences enhanced or hurt the doll's ability to be used as a performance doll. (When she showed us how to articulate a Breyer youth doll's ankle, I jumped in my chair when she cut the foot off!)
I watched Liz Isham Cory's Introduction to Collecting and Showing Model Horses
where my Freeman Leidy made another appearance
along with this beautiful showcase collection Indian Pony with warpaint still in its box.
Liz brings this piece to Happy Trails every year - here it is with its buckskin counterpart on the piano in my dining room. I always hope she will forget to pack it in her tub when she goes home. Haha!
I ended the day on the couch eating my leftovers from the previous day's jaunt to Bob Evan's and watching the Celebration of Horses video.
Some interesting things to wrap up the day:
~ People in 125 countries were online and attending BreyerFest. (Now, there's a reason to continue having a virtual component for future BreyerFests!)
~ All the seminars, videos, etc. will be available through the end of the month.
~ The general consensus is that the Archive Room tours are highly popular.
~ Models and merchandise were beginning to sell out Saturday afternoon.
Brilliantly covered. I'm more pleased than ever that I discovered most of these yesterday. Still need to catch Liz Isham's. I did not know about the end-of-month, so thank you!
Brilliantly covered. I'm more pleased than ever that I discovered most of these yesterday. Still need to catch Liz Isham's. I did not know about the end-of-month, so thank you!
ReplyDelete