Sunday, July 25, 2021

Pony Pal Kate's Collection

While getting the kids ready for bed the other night, my daughter-in-love Emily did a quick FaceTime call to me. I was actually writing a blog entry when she called; little did I realize that that call would BECOME a blog entry itself!


(Emily does a FABULOUS podcast called Happy Outdoor Families. If you are interested in exploring things to do outdoors, with or without kids, you absolutely should listen. You can also follow it on Instagram.)


Pony Pal Susie (who was so excited she was wiggling and jumping all over) had just received the birthday pillowcase I'd made her and wanted to call and thank me.


She said she really liked the balloons and bunnies and then she showed me how she could get into the pillowcase and hop around in it. (A future western games sack race participant, perhaps??)


And then Kate wanted to tell me something, and that's when the FaceTime call went in an unexpected direction.


I got an unplanned "tour" of Kate's collection!


Emily's "quick call to Grammy" stretched on and on, and Kate just kept talking about her collection despite Emily's gentle reminders that it was bedtime.

Looks like Mila may have a little competition for getting my collection "when I am dead."





No comments:

Post a Comment