Saturday, December 11, 2021

A Restaurant for Horsey Folks

While traveling with Kyle and his family last week, we stopped in Cameron, Missouri and stumbled across the perfect restaurant - one with good food and a horsey decor.




Our hotel desk clerk had recommended it, but I had no idea the place was horse-themed until we walked through the doors.


Our waitress told us that Robyn, the owner, was a horse lover and that she'd collected most of the decor during her travels across the country.


I am trying to figure out if I have time to make stockings like these before Christmas. I'd love to have these hanging from my mantle!


Or this coat rack hanging in my foyer by the front door!


The food was just as good as the decor, although we all were a bit taken aback by the restaurant's special burger - it had peanut butter and carmel sauce on it!


Robyn herself was there that evening and she gave us one free to try. To my surprise, it was delicious! I am a big fan of carmel sauce (which I like even better than chocolate sauce) but never would I have guessed that it would taste good on a burger. If you are ever passing through Cameron, Missouri, stop by Robyn's and try it.


We talked about Robyn's for the rest of our trip together, and while we ate at some good places, nothing could top hers. (Braden, Cory, me, Addie, Kyle, Melissa, Whitney, and Craig eating a hotel breakfast that was good but not nearly as good as Robyn's fare!)

Christmas Card of the Day




No comments:

Post a Comment