Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Starting to Decorate

Christmas is fast approaching and I am in the beginning stages of decorating my home.  I've pulled out a few tubs and started, but I have a long way to go.

I also like to decorate a shelf in my office with Little Lynn, Circus Girl, and Breyer's Christmas horses so I've begun gathering some of the things I might use for this year's display. 

Those stockings on Brighty were originally just a joke, but it sort of works for me now!

The 2020 Christmas scene was pretty minimalistic. Little Lynn was missing, too. This year I want to include both dolls.

As I began thinking about the scene I'd like to create, I did an inventory of holiday horses that might look nice in it.

I don't normally buy the holiday horses, although I do have Nutcracker Prince.

He's still in his box and tucked away; I bought him because I love the Nutcracker story, ballet, and music. (Photo from Identify Your Breyer.)



There are a lot of pieces I could choose from. I have all the Christmas Candy Zebras (except for Coal.) (Photo by Breyer.)

Ivy


Frankincense (the green model.) (Photo from Identify Your Breyer.)

 
Joi


Emerald (I seem to frequently get Breyer's green horses in the gambler's choices!)



The Just About Horses decorator Saddlebreds with the gambler's choice Drafter from 2004. 


The ruby Christmas Clydesdale


The bright blue Christmas Clydesdale


Little Lynn and Circus Girl have an mini tub of tree decorations


and some other goodies to add to the scene. But right now, I can't find my props box - the one that has the miniature tree I use for their Christmas tree. If I can't find it, I'll have to go to Hobby Lobby or JoAnn's and buy another or create a different sort of scene.

When I get it figured out and set up, I'll post pictures here. Stay 'tooned!


Christmas Card of the Day


If you'd like to receive a holiday card from me, email your name and mailing address to horsiemama8@gmail.com.







No comments:

Post a Comment