Thursday, December 30, 2021

Things that Make YOU Smile!

Send a photo or two of something that makes you smile to horsiemama8@gmail.com! Please include a sentence or two about why it puts that smile on your face.

When I opened Adah R.'s email, I sat back in my office chair and sighed, "Awwwww..."  Adah didn't know it when she emailed me, but I am a HUGE guinea pig lover!

Adah says, "Here's the thing that makes me smile, my little guinea pig, Blanche. She's got so much personality!"

"She is an American (American is the name of her breed). Her color is broken lemon agouti. 1 year ago today I adopted her. She was a rescue piggie."

Like Adah, I am a big fan of guinea pigs and have had several of my own. 

This is Pigita with two of my former students, Caroline and Kathleen. She was named after Pig's girlfriend in the comic strip, Pearls Before Swine.


Pears Before Swine by Stephan Pastis, date unknown, retrieved from Google Images.

Pigita enjoying some attention while my students read.


More piggies in the classroom - this is Ginger who loved being held like a baby.


And this is Salt as he helps a student "helping" a student with an assignment by nibbling on it.

Thanks, Adah! I'm like you - guinea pigs make me happy! (So do turtles. Any reader have a turtle they could share photos of?)


Christmas Card of the Day


Received from my longtime friend, Beth Dickinson.



No comments:

Post a Comment