Sunday, March 13, 2022

Busy Weekend

Happy Daylight Savings Time! I'm an early morning person, so this time change doesn't bother me too much. (The time change in the fall, though, is another story - it takes me several days to adjust.)

To start off, enjoy this little Daylight Savings Time ditty that one of my former principals sent me. (The tune is an old one but you may recognize it from Cat Steven's song, Morning has Broken.)


Dan was a high school band director before he became a principal and he is also the music director at his church. Knowing Dan, it would not surprise me if they sang this tongue-in-cheek "hymn" in his congregation today!


It's been a busy weekend. Daughter-in-love Vanessa came over and shot some photos and videos of me for a project we are working on together.


I'm getting ready to vend at a living history event in Michigan and so I spent some time with my sister Leslie pricing pottery and going over inventory.

Late Saturday morning, Cowpoke Ian (here with his Aunt Lisa) finished his basketball season with Cheetos, cookies, and a medal.


It was a taxing game for Ian - the other team was short players so Ian played all four quarters, two for his team and two for theirs.

After the game, our family went out for a late lunch. 


To keep Cowpoke Lukie occupied while we waited for our food, he and I played Pac-Man using the tile pattern on one of the tables.


Lisa came over after lunch to try on a Civil War riding habit that Leslie is loaning her.


Lisa's coming to Michigan with Leslie and me and will be interpreting the 18th century one day and the 19th century the other.


I love the hat that goes with the Civil War era riding habit!


And the cut of the jacket is gorgeous. This was a very complicated and difficult habit to sew.

More basketball later in the day - Craig and I watched Purdue win over Michigan State in the Big Ten Tournament. They play later today for the championship. Boiler up!

The snow has melted and the herd is fine (albeit muddy.)

 Left to right: Sultanna, Abby, Dolly, and Hokey.

Needless to say, as busy as we were yesterday, I did not finish taking those photos of Cooper's issues. Today looks to be busy again with more family and church activities, but I will get them taken and a blog entry posted about them ASAP.

Stay 'tooned!





No comments:

Post a Comment