Sandman, the second offering in the 2022 Vintage Club, arrived this week.
The Smoky mold looks gorgeous in this color.
A blob of plastic on the near ear
and another one where his tail attaches to the body.
And an odd wife spot under his tail.
The flaws on Sandman are not nearly as bad as they were on Wite-Out (Cooper) but unlike Cooper, I did briefly consider returning Sandman and asking for a replacement. Why?
The odd bits of plastic and the paint flaws I can live with - it's the dirt that bothers me. I would hope that the models on my shelves come from a place that is clean, and that dirt on his hoof indicates otherwise.
Something for me to think about with further releases from Breyer.


The close up of Sandman's eye is amazing! I wouldn't expect that much detail on a Breyer eye.
ReplyDeleteI noticed that, too. It is beautifully done!
DeleteIs it dirt or dried paint particles? I doubt they can keep the place sparkling clean.
ReplyDeleteThe wife [white?] spot is new to me. Is it a gloss lens over an aperture or just an unpainted spot? In any case, the roundness might indicate a bubble origin.
Seeing Smoky this way is almost jarring. I'm so used to the grey!
It's dirt. And while I would not expect a factory to be sparkling clean, I do expect to receive a model that doesn't have a bunch of dirt under the gloss.
ReplyDeleteThat white spot is new to me, too. It's an unpainted spot.