Apparently the circus horse that Shannon Rodgers gifted me is unusual. I posted pictures of it on Facebook's Metal Horse Collectors group and no one there has been able to identify it.
Someone suggested that it might be a customized Britains
so I posted photos of it with the Britains circus horse already in my collection for them to see and compare.
My new piece is smaller than the Britains piece and while I suppose the legs could be moved with heat, I don't think anyone would go to the trouble of removing metal to make it smaller. (If that could even be done.)
Another person suggested that the reins and blanket were add ons and not original to the piece.
But other than that, no one could identify it for me or said that they had one like it or even that they'd seen one before.
So what did Shannon find and send my way? I still don't know, but I will keep researching.
No comments:
Post a Comment