Being ghosted is discouraging. Frustrating. Time wasting. And I was ghosted recently on Horsiemama's Haversacks and Mercantile.
Well over a year ago I was contacted by a hobbyist about a special order that involved creating custom haversacks. No problem; I could do that.
We discussed fabric and padding materials, I did some research into prices of the things I would need to buy to make this custom order, and suddenly that hobbyist quit responding.
Knowing that life happens and thinking the hobbyist would get back to me, I held onto the fabric I'd set aside to use and waited. After a month of no response, I finally gave up and used that fabric for someone else.
Fast forward a year and a month and that hobbyist suddenly contacted me again, apologized, offered reasons for the sudden silence, and said that they were still interested in having me make the custom order.
The explanation was reasonable and I was willing to give this person the benefit of the doubt. So, the process began again with me researching costs for fabric, putting together measurements for the haversacks, and discussing suitable fabrics and things. Again I invested time into this person's order.
And then, just like the last time, the hobbyist suddenly quit responding to my messages.
Crickets.
Silence.
Nothing.
A quick search of Facebook showed that the hobbyist was active and present online. I realized that I'd been ghosted. Again. My time had been wasted when I am getting ready for The Feast of the Hunters' Moon and really do not have the time to waste.
Being ghosted sure doesn't feel very good.


Wow, Lynn, this is painful. I'm sorry this happened. :(
ReplyDeleteThanks, Nancy. There are bigger problems out there, but I am frustrated. Time is a gift and I don't like to waste it.
DeleteUgh!!! I’m so sorry.
ReplyDeleteThank you.
DeleteSince it’s happened twice, I’d leave feedback on the FB Model Horse Transaction Board.
ReplyDeleteI've thought about it - it would have to be yellow since no money ever changed hands. Tire kicker for sure!
Delete